Enterprise GNU/Linux and IP Network Architect
The most popular of my service offerings are :
- Advisory about general optimizations to help decrease Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and ensure service reliability.
- Infrastructure efficiency and service reliability by consolidating hardware and automating deployments.
- Personalised Best Practices auditing starting with the practices used for internal system and network administration.
For each of the above, the service can be the initial auditing only, but it can also include the full implementation of the solution.
Key business advantages :
- High quality work : It's the simple result of me loving my work field combined with experience, common sense and a logical mind.
- No software vendor lock-in : By using exclusively Free Software, everything can be supported by any entity willing to do so.
- No integrator lock-in : My uniqueness is in my experience and my human qualities. Knowledge must be documented for everyone.
- Return On Investment : Get many of the advantages of a highly experienced worker while not having to hire one full-time.
Example implementations of generic or specific needs would include :
- Deploying Puppet to manage all new and existing servers and services.
- Seamless service upgrades by migrating them to newer servers.
- IPv6 dual-stacking of all end-user facing services.
- Remote encrypted backups of company-wide server-side data being created automatically.
Key technologies used :
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (or clones such as CentOS) for the Operating System. I'm a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE).
- Puppet for automation of deployments and configuration changes.
Availability : By the day. On-site in Barcelona (Spain) or remotely.
- Email : ue.uoas@saihttam
- XMPP / Google Talk : ue.uoas@saihttam